MyWay is Wayzata Public Schools' effort to ensure each and every one of our students is prepared to thrive today and excel tomorrow in an ever-changing global society.
The initiative puts digital learning devices (iPads) in the hands of students to increase student learning and engagement.
At its core, the overriding goal of MyWay is to complement our current work with another tool and approach to help us provide a world-class and personalized student learning experience.
- What is MyWay?
- Why is MyWay important?
- Why was the iPad chosen for this program?
- What exactly will my student receive?
- My student already has an iPad. Will he/she be able to use that one? (Grades 6-12)
- Will my child be allowed to use other tablet devices than the iPad?
- Will students take the iPads home or will they remain in the classroom?
- Will students get to keep their iPads over the summer?
- What is expected of students?
- How can students secure their personal information?
- What if students forget to bring the iPad to school? (Grades 6-12)
- What is the cost to families for the iPad?
- What happens if an iPad is damaged, destroyed or stolen? (iPad Insurance)
- Are there accessories I should purchase with the iPad?
- Am I required to have Internet access at home for the iPad program?
- How will Internet access for my student be filtered on the iPad?
- Will there be support for parents/guardians?
- Is an iTunes account required? (Grades 6-12)
- Do I have to buy any apps for the iPad?
- Can students install their own apps? (Grades 6-12)
- Where can I learn about how the iPad is being used in education?
- Who can I contact if I have questions?
- What if my student has special needs such as a disability? How do I ensure accommodations are made for their unique needs?