Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
Wayzata High School's Parent Teacher Organization works to strengthen, enhance and encourage a positive, inclusive and engaged educational and social environment at Wayzata High School.
- Parent Forums
- Coffee with the Principal events
- Professional speaker presentations for students and parents
- Self-defense training for students and parents
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Full dinners for staff during parent-teacher conferences
- Daily treats for staff during Teacher Appreciation Week
- College scholarships to qualifying seniors
- Ad hoc grant requests and school event support
- Needs-based fund for WHS family access
Funding for PTO-supported programs is obtained solely through parent donations.
- All donations made by August 12 will be entered in to a raffle for a $100.00 Amazon gift card.
Donations of $100.00 or more will receive a deluxe Wayzata Cooler Bag with Trojan logo (while supplies last).
- Complete the short questionnaire.
- Click on the following ‘Donate’ button to make an online credit card payment.
Check or Cash Donation
- Drop off in the office of Wayzata High School, or mail to:
WHS PTO c/o Mike Smith
4955 Peony Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55446
WHS parents are invited to the high school for informal gatherings with Principal Scott Gengler and special guest. Join us for coffee, snacks and good conversation about things on your mind!
- Thursday, October 3, 7:00-8:30 a.m. (B204 Forum Room)
Guest speakers: Dawn Willson and Amy Naleid
District Health Services and Mental Health Initiatives
Superintendent Chace Anderson, District Update
- Thursday, December 3, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Auditorium foyer)
- Tuesday, February 11, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Auditorium foyer)
- Tuesday, May 5, 7:00-8:30 a.m. (B204 Forum Room)
The PTO's goal is to feed over 300 staff members dinner from 4:30-6:00 in the media center Wednesday, September 25. Sign-up to bring a salad or dessert!
Back to Business Days – August
Help during Back-to-Business days. 3 hour shifts.
Culinary Express Back to School – September
Assist students during lunch period with PINs and general support. 3 hour shift.
Student Assistance Back to School – September
Answer questions/assist students first week of the school year. 1 hour, morning only.
Picture Day – Fall
Assist photographers during student picture day. 4 hour shift.
Senior Picture Day – Fall
Assist staff, direct students and hand out order forms. 1 hour.
Senior Declaration Day – May
Assist with cake and registering what seniors will do the following fall. One day, 2 hour shift.
General Help – School Year
Be on the general help/on-call list to help when it fits in your schedule. You will be notified via email when help is requested.
PTO – School Year
Assist PTO at various forums, conferences and back to business.
Senior Party – School Year
Chair and volunteers needed every year- work throughout school year planning year end celebration. Parent-sponsored event.
Staff Appreciation – School Year
Provide dessert or salad for quarterly teacher’s dinner and/or help serve food. One night, during conferences.
Stress Busters – School Year
1-2 hour shifts working with the Stress Busters committee supporting WHS students. Quarterly.
Club Y.E.S. Help – School Year
Assist Brenda Badger as needed throughout the year. Minimal time commitment.