Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
Wayzata High School's Parent Teacher Organization works to strengthen, enhance and encourage a positive, inclusive and engaged educational and social environment at Wayzata High School.
Monies raised throughout the year are used to support the following:
- Staff Appreciation dinners and activities
- Fund-a-Need program
- Grant Requests and School Events
- Parent Forums
- To complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers and students to learn, socialize, communicate and grow.
- To benefit deserving students by granting scholarships to seniors enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program.
- To recognize and foster diversity.
- To reward and support sensitivity to human rights.
The PTO’s activities are funded entirely through parent donations.
- All donations made by August 13 will be entered in to a raffle for a $100.00 Amazon gift card.
Donations of $100.00 or more will receive a large navy & gold Wayzata Golf Umbrella with Trojan logo while supplies last.
- Complete the short questionnaire.
- Click on the following ‘Donate’ button to make an online credit card payment.
Check or Cash Donation
- Drop off in the office of Wayzata High School, or mail to:
WHS PTO c/o Mike Smith
4955 Peony Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55446
WHS parents are invited to the high school for informal gatherings with Principal Scott Gengler and special guests. Come join us for coffee, snacks and good conversation about things on your mind!
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:00-8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:00-8:30 a.m.
If you have general suggestions or questions for the PTO, or would like to 'opt-in' to the email list for PTO news and information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Suzanne Hoagland, President
Mike Smith, Treasurer
Anne Rodriguez, Co-Vice President
Angie Kelly, Co-Vice President
Committee Chairs and Liaisons
Michelle Gonyea, Staff Appreciation Committee Chair
Colleen Regnier, Teacher Liaison
Stacy Larson, Teacher Liaison
Scott Gengler, Principal
Myrna Sitrin, Volunteer Coordinator
Brenda Badger, Club Y.E.S. and Fund-A-Need Coordinator
Back to Business Days – August
Help during Back-to-Business days. 3 hour shifts.
Culinary Express Back to School – September
Assist students during lunch period with PINs and general support. 3 hour shift.
Student Assistance Back to School – September
Answer questions/assist students first week of the school year. 1 hour, morning only.
Picture Day – Fall
Assist photographers during student picture day. 4 hour shift.
Senior Picture Day – Fall
Assist staff, direct students and hand out order forms. 1 hour.
Senior Declaration Day – May
Assist with cake and registering what seniors will do the following fall. One day, 2 hour shift.
General Help – School Year
Be on the general help/on-call list to help when it fits in your schedule. You will be notified via email when help is requested.
PTO – School Year
Assist PTO at various forums, conferences and back to business.
Senior Party – School Year
Chair and volunteers needed every year- work throughout school year planning year end celebration. Parent-sponsored event.
Staff Appreciation – School Year
Provide dessert or salad for quarterly teacher’s dinner and/or help serve food. One night, during conferences.
Stress Busters – School Year
1-2 hour shifts working with the Stress Busters committee supporting WHS students. Quarterly.
Club Y.E.S. Help – School Year
Assist Brenda Badger as needed throughout the year. Minimal time commitment.