Back to Business
July - September
As we approach the beginning of our school year, our calendars and to-do lists become especially full. To help keep you organized, we're aggregating some of the most important calendar and action items right here!
- Upcoming Events
- Immunizations & Medications at School
- Transportation Information
- Lunch & Breakfast Information
9th Grade and New Student Orientation
Thursday, September 1, 8:30 a.m.- 2:15 p.m.
Semester 1 Open House
Wednesday, September 14, 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 18, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 23, 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Schedule Change Requests
Preliminary student schedules will go live for students on Wednesday, August 15th. Please note that this release of schedules is preliminary; changes may occur given our planning for the fall semester and as we strive to keep schedules as balanced as possible. Students will have the opportunity to request schedule changes via the Wayzata High School Student Support Scheduler, beginning August 16th. Note that appointments will not be available until preliminary student schedules are released. Appointments will be available with Student Support Teams (Associate Principal, Counselor, and Dean) in-person during Back-To-Business on Thursday, August 18, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or Tuesday, August 23, from 12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Please familiarize yourself with our Elective Course Schedule.
In-Person - iPad Turn-In and Distribution, Required for all Sophomores
iPad turn-in and distribution will occur in the Media Center located on the third floor. All Sophomores are asked to arrive at a scheduled time based on each student's last name.
Steps to follow prior to iPad Pick-Up & Distribution:
- Pay for lost or damaged equipment through EPay and bring receipt of payment.
- Backup iPad Files:
- Reset iPad (required). Instructions:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content & Settings
- Key in needed passwords to log out of all accounts
- iPad should have a white screen with the words Hello in different languages
- ALL stickers and residue must be removed prior to exchange
- If not removed prior to coming in, you will be required to remove the stickers and residue prior to receiving a replacement iPad.
- Battery Must be Charged:
- Plug your iPad in and have a minimum of 50% of your battery charged before drop off.
- Bring the iPad in the case along with the Apple charger and Apple iPad charging cable.
Please visit the Health Services page for more information. Medications can be dropped off at the Health Services table during Back-To-Business days or in the Health Office during the first week of school.
Parent-Teacher Organization PTO
Parking Permits will be available for ordering beginning August 11th. Permits will be available for pick up August 18th.
Student Contact & Information
Please log into Skyward Family Access to verify/update the Student Contact & Information Form to assure we have accurate information for school to home communication and in case of an emergency.
2022-2023 Wayako Yearbook
Order online via the Jostens website before TBD for lowest cost of the year: $90.00. Visit https://www.wayzataschools.org/activities/clubs/yearbook for more info. Note: senior portraits are due TBD.
School portrait services will be offered at Back-To-Business days.
- Parking Permit - available August 11
- iPad Insurance
Immunizations – Are your kids ready?
In accordance with MN School Immunization Law 121A.15 and the Wayzata Public Schools Policy #521, the district requires that student immunization records be up-to-date, actively in progress, or a signed legal exemption is provided to the district prior to starting and remaining enrolled in school. Refer to this document as a guide to determine which vaccines are required to enroll a child in early childhood programs and school (online, home school, public or private).
Medications at School
All medications, both prescribed and Over-The-Counter (OTC), administered at school requires a medical order from a person who is a licensed authorized prescribing practitioner (physician, physician’s assistant, dentist, podiatrist, osteopath or psychiatrist). Please contact your school health office if you have questions. For more information, visit our Health Services page.
To ensure that your child is assigned to the correct bus and stop, your correct address must be on file with the Wayzata Public Schools Welcome Center. If your family has moved over the summer or is new to the district, please contact the Welcome Center at 763-745-5240 or email@example.com.
Students/families enrolled by August 12th will receive their busing information via email the week of August 22nd and no later than August 26th.
If your child is transported to or from a different address for childcare before or after school you must complete a Day Care Transportation form.
The Welcome Center is located at 295 Highway 55, Medina, MN 55340.
Please contact the Welcome Center with any questions at 763-745-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch - $4.10
Different lunch option on each line
Non-meat meal option available daily
À la carte choices available
Breakfast - $2.40
Choice of main entree, cold cereal, cereal bar, or bagel
Variety of entree choices
À la carte choices available
Adult Lunch - $4.95
Adult Breakfast - $2.75
Wayzata Public Schools provides nutritious and delicious meals each day. Your student may qualify to receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) along with many other discounts through the Educational Benefits program.
Additional discounts your student(s) may qualify for beyond school meals:
- Reduced fees for school photography packages
- Reduced district activity fees
- Reduced internet fees
- Reduced fees to local zoos and museums
- Discounted cell phone rates through mobile phone providers
Who should complete this application?
- Children in households participating in:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Foster, homeless, migrant and runaway children can qualify without reporting household income
- Households whose income is within the maximum income shown for their household size on the instructions of the application
How do I apply?
- Complete the online Application for Educational Benefits: wayzataschools.info/free-reduced (Student ID is not required to complete an online application)
- Or complete the paper application and return to:
Wayzata Public Schools
17305 19th Avenue North
Plymouth, MN 55447
- A new application must be submitted each year.
If you have other questions or need help with this process, please call 763-745-5154.
Our active and engaged Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) builds community and supports our student learning in our school.
Wayzata High School's Parent Teacher Organization works to strengthen, enhance and encourage a positive, inclusive and engaged educational and social environment at Wayzata High School.