MyTime is a designated weekly academic support block designed to meet the academic needs of students during the school day. During this time, students will receive academic support, participate in relearning, make up labs or tests and quizzes, study quietly and collaborate with classmates on group projects.
MyTime has been implemented to support Wayzata High School's mission and goal of preparing each and every student for post-secondary readiness.
When is MyTime?
MyTime will occur every Wednesday between first and second block for 35 minutes. Passing time will be only 5 minutes prior to MyTime. All other passing times will be 9 minutes. All other class blocks will be 75 minutes.
Why did WHS add MyTime into the daily schedule?
MyTime has been developed with the idea that focused academic support time will:
- Strengthen connections and access between students and teachers
- Increase academic support and homework time resulting
- Allow students to re-learn and master learning standards
- Meet the needs of students working, participating in extracurricular activities or who may be unable to meet with teachers after school: lessen academic stress
- Allow students to achieve and strive for post-secondary readiness
How do students know where to attend during MyTime?
Students will either be assigned to a teacher or self-select to an area.
- Assigned: Teachers will request students that may need reteaching or assistance in making up missing work. Students will receive an email if they are requested by a teacher. Students should make it a habit to check their email after school every Tuesday.
- Self-select: If a student is not assigned to a teacher, they will select where and what to work on during MyTime.
Where can self-selecting students be during MyTime?
Students self-selecting may chose from one of locations below, each area offered on a first come, first serve basis:
- Culinary (food service will not be available)
- Media center (quiet study area only)
- Preferred teacher classroom
- Computer Lab (3rd floor)
- 2nd floor forum (quiet study area)
- 4th floor forum (quiet study area)
- Peer Tutoring (2nd floor horseshoes, available mid-October)
What are student expectations during MyTime?
- MyTime is an academic time. Students are to be working on academic material: completing assignments, studying (individual or in groups), retaking tests or participating in relearning
- Student must arrive to their assigned or self-selected area on time and remain in that area for the entire MyTime block.
- Students may only attend classes for their current teachers
- Student will meet the expectations of the Character Pillars: positive relationships; respect for self and others; responsibility; ethical decision making; awareness. Failure to meet these expectations will result in disciplinary action, just like any other class
In addition, Link Crew will lead monthly character and leadership activities for freshmen.