Alternative Learning Center
Providing support necessary to ensure students make academic, social and emotional progress through their high school years.
Wayzata High School's Alternative Learning programs are designed to address the academic, social and emotional needs of students in grades 9-12 who may be struggling in traditional education settings by:
- Increasing student motivation toward school and learning
- Improving each student’s academic skills
- Building classroom culture that demonstrates the caring principles
- Developing each student’s skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Giving each student reason to feel self-worth and hope for his/her future
Wayzata High School Alternative Learning staff are committed to the education of each member of our community. We desire to make a difference in the lives of the students and the roles students will play as adults in the world.