Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
Our organization exists to enhance and support our students' educational experience. We strengthen home-school connections by encouraging parent involvement. We provide a forum for discussion and foster communication among parents, administrators, educators and the community. And, through volunteerism and financial support, improve the educational environment.
Family pledge contributions and help with fundraising activities like our successful gift-wrap program, makes it possible for us to provide our students with many opportunities for enhanced learning and hands on education, like those listed below. Thank you for your support!
These learning tools were added to Plymouth Creek Elementary thanks to PTO funding:
- Each grade level received a one time award in the amount of $12/student to supplement their field trip funds and/or provide additional enrichment activities.
- Subscriptions for Accelarated Reader and Raz Kids, comprehension based motivational reading tools used in kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms.
- A subscription to BrainPOP, an online learning tool used by teachers and students in a wide area of subjects.
Each year the PTO provides the following support for our students:
- Classroom funds to give teachers the ability to purchase reading materials and those educational tools which will help enhance and reinforce learning for their specific grade level.
- Field trips so students can experience activities related to the science and social studies curriculum.
- Enrichment activities, like International Night, 4th-5th grade Career Day, Partners in Art, assemblies, author visits and Book Nook.