Student safety is of the utmost importance. In order for us to ensure this occurs, parents are asked to adhere to the signage placed throughout the parking lot and also to the following guidelines when dropping off or picking up students at school.
The parking lot and drop off area is a one-way traffic lane only. Drivers wishing to park their vehicles should drive past the entrance and proceed to parking spaces. See the picture for more information.
Home Base drop off and pick up in the lower lot is permitted from 6:30 a.m-7:15 a.m and 2:45-6:30 p.m. There is no parking in the green spaces from 7:15 a.m-2:30 p.m. Buses will drop students off along the curb and the students will enter the building through the south doors.
Vehicles will enter the parking lot and continue towards the front of the building in a single lane, pulling past the main entry to allow for the maximum number of cars. Vehicles will stay next to the sidewalk. Students should be ready to exit the car on the curbside (backpacks at their feet, not in the trunk) and drivers should stay in the vehicle. Students should be dropped off at any point along the sidewalk. Please do not wait until you are at the entrance to drop off your child. Students arriving at 7:45 a.m. or later must be signed in by a parent at the office.
After drop-off, vehicles are to stay along the curb and move as the car in front of them moves. Please do not pull out past the cars in front of you.
We are encouraging parents to allow their children to ride the bus home. It is a short ride, and students should be home by 2:55 p.m. at the latest. Meadow Ridge will have a "Fast Pass" option for those parents who need to pick up their children on a regular basis. Please follow the directions listed below:
- Parents are required to park their cars and come into the building to get their children, unless they have a Fast Pass number.
- Parents are responsible for picking up children promptly at 2:25 p.m.
- No child is permitted to wait on the playground or any other location on school grounds until an adult picks him/her up.
- Do not leave voice or email messages for teachers regarding any changes after the school day has started. There is no guarantee that teachers will pick up those messages once the day begins. Any changes to the pick up routine must be called in to the main office by 1:45 p.m. Staff will then deliver those changes to the teachers. Calls after 1:45 p.m will not be honored.
- If your child should need to leave during the school day (e.g. doctor or dentist appointment) you will need to come into the main office and sign him/her out.
- Make arrangements early so your child knows what the plan is. Talk about it before he/she leaves for school in the morning.
- Please avoid picking up children early between 2:00 and 2:25 p.m. They miss important organizational skills as they prepare to pack up and go home. It is also a very busy time of day to try and communicate with classroom teachers.