Please support the Greenwood PTA’s major annual fundraiser!
On Friday, Oct. 7, our amazing students will participate in the 2022 Grizzly Dash Fun Run – a Greenwood tradition that combines fitness, fun, and school spirit, while raising BIG funds to support our school!
The Grizzly Dash is our major annual PTA fundraiser - supporting dozens of PTA investments and operating expenses for the entire school year. You can see examples of Greenwood PTA funding here.
Now through Friday, Oct. 7, the Greenwood PTA will be collecting Grizzly Dash donations. Our fundraising goal of $60,000 (around $75/student) fully funds the PTA annual budget!
Please review the Grizzly Dash flyer and donation envelope, which were sent home with all students on Sept. 26. To help in planning your family’s Grizzly Dash contribution, keep in mind that your tax-deductible (Tax ID #41-1750396) donation of:
- $100+/student - helps ensure we meet our goal to fully fund the PTA budget
- $75/student - puts the PTA on track to fully fund the annual budget
- $50/student - supports a reduced PTA budget that still makes an impact at our school
- $_____ - any amount is helpful and appreciated
Our goal is 100% student participation – meaning every envelope should be returned to school (with or without donations) by Thursday, Oct. 6. If you already donated to the 2022 Grizzly Dash during early-bird fundraising, rest assured your contribution will be applied toward our school-wide fundraising goal – please still have your student return the envelope.
All money raised stays at Greenwood and directly benefits our students, teachers, and school!
REMINDER: Many employers offer a Corporate Match for donations to nonprofits like the Greenwood PTA. Please submit your donation for matching through your company to double the impact of your donation!More than 100 volunteers are needed to make the Carnival a success, from setup to supervising games to clean-up and more. Volunteering is fun and easy; a Carnival committee leader will tell you exactly what you need to do during your shift.
Grizzly Dash FAQs
How do I donate to the 2022 Grizzly Dash?
Fundraising runs through Friday, Oct. 7. This year, we are offering multiple ways to contribute donations:
- cash or check (payable to 'Greenwood PTA') - record and enclose in the donation envelope
- Venmo - @GreenwoodPTA - record on the donation envelope
- Online via Pledgestar, a web-based fundraising platform that makes it easy for students to collect pledges from family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online
When you register for PledgeStar, your family will have a personalized fundraising page, including your child’s name, photo (if desired), and personal message. The PledgeStar program allows you to send personalized email donation requests to your family and friends. You will be notified each time a pledge is made, and you can see your pledge progress online.
Please note, donations made via PledgeStar are processed via PayPal and may appear on bank/credit card statements as “PayPal.”
No matter which donation option you choose, remember that ALL envelopes (with or without donations) should be returned to school by Thursday, Oct. 6. Help us reach our goal of 100% of envelopes returned!
Exciting news in Grizzly Dash prizes!
This year, there will once again be two incentive programs to reward our students’ fundraising efforts:
- Classroom-specific reward for participation – Our goal is 100% participation – meaning we collect every Grizzly Dash fundraising envelope, with or without donations. Classrooms that achieve this goal will receive a special prize, to be determined as a class. Stay tuned for more information coming from your child’s teacher soon!
- School-wide incentive for achieving fundraising goals – We have an amazing lineup of NEW PRIZES planned for this year’s Grizzly Dash. As we climb our way toward the $60,000 fundraising goal, the PTA will reveal up to six new, unique rewards for the entire school to enjoy.
Stay tuned throughout the course of the fundraiser as we unveil something fun, something silly, something new, something active, something entertaining, and when the final goal is reached…. a GRAND FINALE competition for teachers vs. students!
Are parents/families welcome at the Grizzly Dash Fun Run on October 7?
Yes! We are encouraging families to come and cheer on their students during the Grizzly Dash on Friday, Oct. 7. Please review the Grizzly Dash schedule to find your student’s run time:
GRIZZLY DASH SCHEDULE
8:15 – 8:40 AM – Kinder Group 1 - Brandell, Baker, Lunetta
8:45 – 9:10 AM – Kinder Group 2 -DesLauriers, Graika, Swanlund
9:30 - 10:05 AM – Grade 4
10:10 - 10:45 AM – Grade 2
10:50 - 11:25 AM – Grade 5
11:30 – 11:55 AM – Grade 1
12:00 - 12:25 PM – Preschool (Wayzata Kids)
1:15 - 1:50 PM – Grade 3
When is the Grizzly Gathering community night?
The Greenwood PTA is inviting families to come together for an informal community gathering at the Greenwood playground on Friday, Oct. 7, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM for the Grizzly Gathering.
Join us to celebrate the success of the Grizzly Dash Fun Run, play on the playground, meet and socialize with other Greenwood families, and visit food trucks (if desired), or pack a picnic or treat for your family to enjoy!
In addition to the playground, families are welcome to spread out and enjoy the nearby Gaga ball, soccer and basketball areas. Come anytime between 5:00 and 7:00 PM, and stay as long or short works best for your family. Hope to see you there!
(Please note – in the event of inclement weather, Grizzly Gathering will be postponed.)
Can I volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities are available for both the Grizzly Dash and Grizzly Gathering. Please review and sign up for a shift that fits your schedule.
Sign up to Volunteer at Grizzly Dash Fun Run
Sign up to Volunteer at Grizzly Gathering Community Night
Still have questions? Contact our Grizzly Dash PTA team:
Andrea Andersen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Fritz - email@example.com