Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The PTO is about helping to make our school exceptional. We are committed to enhancing the educational and community experiences of East Middle School students, families and faculty.
Because of the success of the PTO Fundraiser Campaign, we will be continuing our East PTO Grant Program. The program is designed to assist teachers and administrators enhance their curriculum and defray expenses. This has been made possible by the generosity of our East families. Thank you!
Our Volunteers are Amazing
Many thanks to all our wonderful volunteers! Whether they are helping in the classroom, chaperoning an event, or dropping off food for conferences, our volunteers are the ones who make things happen. We couldn't do it without them! If you would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities at our school, please contact Michele Gonyea at email@example.com.
To make this another wonderful year, we need your help and talents. The time commitments are flexible, depending on the program. No experience is necessary – instructions are offered where needed.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Michele Gonyea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTO Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Pool/Call Anytime
This allows the Volunteer Coordinator or position chairs to call you anytime volunteer openings occur throughout the school year.
- Conference and Information Night Greeters
Welcome parents to EMS upon arrival for fall and spring conferences, and point them in the direction of their child’s team.
- Health Screening
Assist the EMS health staff with conducting student vision and hearing screenings. Screenings are held during the fall.
- Book Fair
Volunteers are needed to staff the Scholastic Book Fair that occurs during fall conferences. Help is also needed for set up and tear down of the fair. The chairperson for this opportunity assists the Media Specialist with scheduling of volunteers.
- PTO Hospitality
Volunteers work with the hospitality chair to provide food for EMS staff at various times during the year, including fall and spring conferences and for Teacher Appreciation Week near the end of the school year. A chairperson is needed to coordinate this effort.
- All School Party Chaperones
Assist with all school parties held on a Friday night in October and February. Events are coordinated by the Trojan Pride Ambassadors. Typical responsibilities include greeting students, monitoring hallways and the gym, assisting with refreshments and taking tickets and decorating.
- Encore - Band, Choir and Orchestra
Volunteers are needed for concert nights to greet attendees, hand out programs and perform simple additional tasks that make each performance run smoothly.
- 6th Grade Specific:
- Field Trip Chaperone (MN Science Museum) - Typically held in the spring, attend the trip with students and teachers and lead a group of students as a chaperone.
- Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center Chaperone - Numerous parent chaperones are needed to spend a Monday-Friday with a group of six graders, teachers and parents. Chaperones may ride the charter bus, stay in the dorms and participate in the many educational opportunities provided to the students. Male and Female parent chaperones are essential.
- 7th Grade Specific:
- Field Trip Chaperone (MN Science Museum - spring) (MN Zoo - Typically the last day of school) - Volunteers are needed to attend the trip with students and teachers and lead a group of students as a chaperone.
- Project Days- Volunteers assist teachers and students to make these events run smoothly. Responsibilities will vary.
- Cell Day
- Genetics Conference
- 8th Grade Specific:
- French Park Day - held in September or early October, chaperones needed to assist with stations.
- Festival of Nations (Spring) - Volunteers are needed to help chaperone students during this event.
- Project Days - Volunteers assist teachers and students to make these events run smoothly. Responsibilities will vary.
- People of Prominence Day - held in late January/early February- assist with- Volunteers are needed to assist with selling pop and popcorn during the event.
- Africa-Asia in 3D (end of March)- Volunteers are needed to assist with selling pop and popcorn during the event.
- 8th Grade Party
If you are interested in helping to plan the 8th Grade party held at the end of the school year, please contact Vera Spanowsky at email@example.com.