Versatrans My Stop is a web-based application available to all Wayzata Public School parents and students that lets them access live bus GPS information. Using a smartphone or tablet, parents and students can view the current location of buses on routes and the estimated time of arrival at their neighborhood bus stops.
This simple and informative tool gives parents, guardians and students the ability to know approximately where the school bus is on its route. Versatrans My Stop displays the school bus’ approximate location on a map, as well as the estimated time of arrival (ETA) to a specific student’s bus stop. The school bus’ location is automatically updated every 1 to 2 minutes and the ETA is recalculated to accommodate any delays due to traffic while the bus is en route.
Versatrans My Stop can be downloaded to iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) from the iTunes store and to Android devices from Google Play.
To use My Stop:
- Download the Versatrans My Stop app
- Tap the Versatrans My Stop app icon to launch the My Stop landing screen (if you are using an iOS device, you will be prompted to allow Location Services and Notification)
- Tap to display a list of school districts. If the screen is blank, tap the Closest Districts button.
- Scroll down until you reach Wayzata Public Schools ISD284, select and tap OK. The login screen displays.
- Enter your Username and Password
||Each student has a unique username and password associated with his/her routing information.
- Login = Student ID#
If you do not know your child's Student ID Number, you can find it in Skyward Family Access under "Student Info" in the left-hand menu:
- Password = Student birthday in MMDDYYYY format (e.g., July 1, 2000 would be 07012000)
- Tap Login. The Versatrans My Stop screen displays your child's name.
- If there is more than one student associated with your username, tap on the name displayed and the other students will display.
- Tap on your child's name and a map displays with their bus route and current bus location. The bus route and bus position only display when the route is scheduled and GPS data is available. If the route is scheduled and there is no GPS data, then it will still show the student stop but not the bus.
You will see a map depicting a portion of your student's bus route. Your child's name will display in the box in the top menu bar.
The yellow arrow represents the current location and direction of your child's bus. The green line shows the portion of the neighborhood bus route where students are picked up or dropped off. The lavender colored line shows the planned route from/to the school to the neighborhood bus route.
The box at the bottom of the map provides system messages and lists the current location of your child's bus as well as the estimated time the bus will arrive at your child's bus stop.
If you have any questions you can contact Transportation at email@example.com or call 763-745-5195.
Tips & Tricks
- Do not log in to Versatrans My Stop too early before your child's scheduled pick-up or drop-off time. The data provided through My Stop is constantly changing. Estimated times of arrival are based on standard GPS route calculations, and not the actual length of time remaining to get to your child's bus stop. You will access the most accurate data if you check the system within 10 minutes of your child's scheduled pick-up or drop-off time.
- Both parents and students will use the same login information to access the system (parents and students do not have separate accounts)
- If the app is not compatible with your device or you would like to use a computer, you can access Versatrans My Stop with your web browser at https://wayzata.k12transportation.us/onscreen