Our Continuing Education Committee meets monthly from January to May. All licenses need to be approved by the committee by the end of the school year. Each fall, we will notify all district staff whose licenses are coming up for renewal. Community members who do not work in our district are also welcome to renew through our committee.
- To assure your approval is completed on time, submit materials that validate your CEUs by May 15.
- You will be asked to verify your approved hours and required areas. Please make sure everything has been completed before submitting your materials.
Visit the Minnesota Department of Education's Licensing page to get information about directions for applying for and renewing your Minnesota teaching license.
Log into your Minnesota Department of Education User Account.
The Continuing Education Committee has moved to a paperless system. Due to the large number of teachers and community members who seek relicensure each year, we are unable to continue to file paper CEU certificates and are using My Learning Plan to upload files to CEU requests. Directions are listed below.
How to upload a file to a CEU request:
- Scan the CEU certificate and save it to your desktop
- Log into My Learning Plan
- Under “My Info” click on My File Library
- Click on the Add File tab
- Under “Upload Files” click on Browse and find the document (you can name the document if you chose)
- Click Upload (the file will now appear under “my files”)
- Now you will follow the process to “Request CEUs” and will see the document under the “file attachment” section. Continuing Education Committee staff will then be able to view the document and you don’t have to submit additional document to the CEC.
Our professional development offerings are for Wayzata Public Schools staff members only. Community members interested in obtaining CEUs may want to check out the following links: