We appreciate the diversity of languages spoken by our students and their families. We also know that English proficiency is important to academic success in our general education programs.
It is our mission to ensure that each English Learner (EL) in our schools develops linguistically, academically and cognitively within a socially and culturally supportive environment.
Our EL Program teaches listening, speaking, reading and writing through content. We use a pull-out model, focusing on the development of academic language and skills. Some language instruction occurs in the general education classroom. The total amount of EL instruction varies by student, based on individual needs.
Resource Teacher - Literacy
- How are students identified?
- How is progress monitored? When do students exit the program?
- How is the EL curriculum determined?
- Does being in the EL Program affect my ability to receive other district services?
- Elementary School English Learner Program
- Middle School English Learner Program
- High School English Learner Program
- Minnesota World Language Certificates & Bilingual/Multilingual Seals
- Important EL Resources