The school board of Wayzata Public Schools has seven members who are elected at large, to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the U.S
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Administration Building at 210 County Road 101 North, Plymouth, Minnesota. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
An eligible voter must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election
School Board election results from previous elections are available on the Minnesota Secretary of State website going back to 1998.
Congratulations to the following four candidates who have been elected to serve four-year terms on the Wayzata School Board:
- Linda Cohen (1,425)
- Seanne Falconer (1,075)
- Bonita Lucky (1,133)
- Cheryl Polzin (1,441)
Newly-elected Board members will begin their terms at the January 13, 2020 organizational meeting. Wayzata School Board meetings are typically held the second Monday of the month at Wayzata City Hall at 7 p.m. The Board also conducts work sessions the fourth Monday of every month at 4 p.m. at the District Administration Building, located at 210 County Road 101 in Plymouth.
Unofficial results are posted on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.