Wayzata School Board
As elected members of your Wayzata School Board, we are responsible for working together to set policy and oversee our district's budget, curriculum, personnel and physical facilities. We look out for the best interest of our district as a whole to ensure that we can effectively serve each and every student.
- Review our meeting agendas and minutes, posted in district buildings and here prior to each meeting.
- Attend our board meetings. The regular board meeting is held on the second Monday of each month and the work session is held the fourth Monday of every month.
- All board meetings are open to the public, except for those specifically permitted by law to be closed for discussion of identified issues such as negotiation strategy or litigation.
- There is a designated time for Community Comments at all regular meetings.
- Watch our board meetings on cable television or YouTube.
- Read our district communications and local newspapers for coverage of significant issues.
All Board Meetings are open to the public. A list of agenda items for each Work Session, Regular and Special Board meeting is available prior to the meeting.
Wayzata Public Schools District Office
Meeting Dates and Times
Unless otherwise indicated, Regular School Board meetings are scheduled to convene at 7:00 p.m. at Wayzata City Hall, 600 Rice St. in Wayzata, Minnesota. School Board Work Sessions begin at 4:00 p.m. at the District Administration Building, located at 210 County Road 101 North, Plymouth, Minnesota.
Individual School Board members are assigned to serve on board and district committees. The Board will make committee appointments in January. Some committees are school-year appointments with terms ending June 30. For more information on committees, please contact District Administrative Assistant Tammy Hendrickson at Tammy.Hendrickson@wayzataschools.org.
2022 Board of Education Committees
Facilities and Development Long Range Planning
- Purpose: To oversee bond referendum and other capital projects; develop long-range plans for facilities development.
- Members: Cheryl Polzin (Chair), Heidi Kader, Sarah Johansen, Jay Hesby (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: DeeDee Kahring, Executive Director of Finance and Operations
Finance and Business
- Purpose: To provide guidance and support to the Finance department; review the CFAC agenda and serve as Board representative to the meetings; provide oversight through the OPEB committee.
- Members: Jay Hesby (Chair), Milind Sohoni, Heidi Kader, Cheryl Polzin (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: DeeDee Kahring, Executive Director of Finance and Operations, Chace B. Anderson, Superintendent of Schools, Nate Flansburg, Associate Superintendent
- Purpose: To offer support and guidance to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Members: Sarah Johansen (Chair), Linda Cohen, Bonita Lucky, Heidi Kader (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: Stacie Vos, Executive Director of Human Resources
Policy and Regulation Review
- Purpose: To review district policies and make recommendations for revision, addition, or deletion as needed; consider and provide guidance on questions of policy or district regulation; maintain policy adherence to state and federal laws.
- Members: Sarah Johansen (Chair), Linda Cohen, Milind Sohoni, Heidi Kader (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: Chace B. Anderson, Superintendent, Nathan Flansburg, Associate Superintendent, Stacie Vos, Executive Director of Human Resource Services, Dana Miller, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, DeeDee Kahring, Executive Director of Finance and Operations
- Purpose: To support the communications and engagement team in connecting with the community through electronic and print publications, media relations, crisis communications and other district initiatives.
- Members: Sarah Johansen (Chair), Jay Hesby, Heidi Kader, Milind Sohoni (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: Amy Parnell, Director of Communications and Community Involvement
- Purpose: To plan, facilitate, and document the annual Superintendent review process, including goal setting, a mid-year check-in, and the annual end of year review.
- Members: Bonita Lucky (Chair), Jay Hesby, Linda Cohen
- Admin Liaison: Chace B. Anderson, Superintendent of Schools
Teaching and Learning
- Purpose: To review processes and long-range planning educational recommendations; review and recommend changes to policies pertaining to teaching and learning; meet and work with the Directors of Teaching and Learning and Curriculum and Instruction regarding educational issue; discuss Technology, Gifted and Talented, Equity, and Q-Comp related issues; hear academic achievement reports, and closely monitor efforts to close the achievement gap.
- Members: Linda Cohen (Chair), Cheryl Polzin, Bonita Lucky, Sarah Johansen (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: Dana Miller, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
Ad Hoc Committees
Health and Well-Being
- Purpose: The original goals for the Health and Well-being committee were as follows:
- To develop an understanding of the health and well-being initiatives in the district.
- To create a platform and designated space for dialog regarding health and well-being strengths and opportunities.
- To inform the metrics and benchmarks for evaluation of the mental health and well-being strategic direction on the District road map.
- Members: Linda Cohen (Chair), Cheryl Polzin, Heidi Kader, Sarah Johansen (Alternate)
- District Liaison: Chace B. Anderson, Superintendent of Schools
Equity Ad Hoc Exploratory Committee
- Purpose: To work with the Superintendent and Director of Equity and Inclusion to explore the need and purpose of a Board level equity committee.
- Members: Bonita Lucky (Chair), Milind Sohoni, Jay Hesby, Linda Cohen (Alternate)
- Admin Liaison: Solveig Harriday, Director of Equity and Inclusion, Chace B. Anderson, Superintendent of Schools