As elected members of your Wayzata School Board, we are responsible for working together to set policy and oversee our district's budget, curriculum, personnel and physical facilities. We look out for the best interest of our district as a whole to ensure that we can effectively serve each and every student.
- Review our meeting agendas and minutes, posted in district buildings and here prior to each meeting.
- Attend our board meetings. The regular board meeting is held on the second Monday of each month and the work session is held the fourth Monday of every month.
- All board meetings are open to the public, except for those specifically permitted by law to be closed for discussion of identified issues such as negotiation strategy or litigation.
- There is a designated time for Community Comments at all regular meetings.
- Watch our board meetings on cable television or YouTube.
- Read our district communications and local newspapers for coverage of significant issues.
All Board Meetings are open to the public. A list of agenda items for each Work Session, Regular and Special Board meeting is available prior to the meeting.
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Education
Meeting Dates and Times
Unless otherwise indicated, Regular School Board meetings are scheduled to convene at 7:00 p.m. at Wayzata City Hall, 600 Rice St. in Wayzata, Minnesota. School Board Work Sessions begin at 4:00 p.m. at the District Administration Building, located at 210 County Road 101 North, Plymouth, Minnesota.
- 2021 Election Candidates
- 2021 Election Information
- Election Process
- 2019 Election Information
- Campaign Financial Reports
1181 Vagabond Ct N
Plymouth, MN 55447
18500 County Road 6
Plymouth, MN 55447
Three seats on the Wayzata School Board are up for election on November 2, 2021. At that election, three members will be elected to the School Board to serve four-year terms. Affidavits of candidacy are available from the school district clerk at the Wayzata Public Schools Administration Building, 210 County Road 101 North, Plymouth, Minnesota.
A candidate for the Wayzata School Board must:
- Be an eligible voter,
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age or more on assuming office,
- Have been a resident of the school district from which the candidate seeks election for 30 days before the election, and
- Must have no other affidavit on file for any other office at the same general election.
The period for filing affidavits begins on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 and ends on Tuesday, August 10 at 5 p.m. A filing fee of $2 must also be paid.
The school board of Wayzata Public Schools has seven members who are elected at large, to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the U.S
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Administration Building at 210 County Road 101 North, Plymouth, Minnesota. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
An eligible voter must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election
School Board election results from previous elections are available on the Minnesota Secretary of State website going back to 1998.
Congratulations to the following four candidates who have been elected to serve four-year terms on the Wayzata School Board:
- Linda Cohen (1,425)
- Seanne Falconer (1,075)
- Bonita Lucky (1,133)
- Cheryl Polzin (1,441)
Newly-elected Board members will begin their terms at the January 13, 2020 organizational meeting. Wayzata School Board meetings are typically held the second Monday of the month at Wayzata City Hall at 7 p.m. The Board also conducts work sessions the fourth Monday of every month at 4 p.m. at the District Administration Building, located at 210 County Road 101 in Plymouth.
Unofficial results are posted on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.