Fifteen 6th grade students from East Middle School took the top five places in last Fall’s Stock Market GameTM (SMG).
SMG is a national, interactive learning program for students in grades 4-12. The online simulation of the global capital markets engages students in the world of economics, investing, and personal finance. Students work in teams to create and manage a virtual investment portfolio of $100,000 over a 14-week period. Each team is responsible for researching and evaluating their portfolio on a regular basis. Throughout the session, they determine when to make new investments, hold onto existing investments, or when to sell their shares. The teams compete with other Minnesota students for the highest-valued portfolio.
Wayzata East Middle School's Fall 2022 team winners included:
- 1st Place - Louis Graber, Jacob Ross, Liam McNally ($104,263.39)
- 2nd Place - Nikhil Dhore, Arjun Reddy, Jayden Zhu, Madesh Jaysankarmurthi ($104,101.52)
- 3rd Place - Preston Kwainoe, Mason Graves, Zuhair Khan ($103,400.27)
- 4th Place - Connor Anderson, Meyer Berk, Luke Trewyn ($103,389.87)
- 5th Place - Elle Tupa, Genevieve Benson ($103,351.91)
Lynnea Allen, Gifted and Talented Coordinator, is the advisor for East Middle School’s Stock Market GameTM teams (see above photo). Central Middle School and West Middle School also participate in the SMG program.