Wayzata Public Schools is a vibrant, caring community of teachers and students located in the Twin Cities' western suburbs. Extending from the north shore of Lake Minnetonka, we encompass 38 square miles of beautiful countryside, lakeside communities and growing suburbs.
Each of our students is on a unique and wonderful educational journey - and we do everything we can to help them embrace and nurture the possibilities.
Discover why we are considered one of the best school districts in the country!
We serve all or parts of Corcoran, Maple Grove, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata.
Enrollment (as of 10/1/2022)
12,912 students, including:
- 984 early learning students
- 5,566 elementary students
- 2,858 middle school students
- 3,687 high school students
- 48 transition students
- 1 early learning school (birth to kindergarten)
- 9 elementary schools (kindergarten to grade 5)
- 3 middle schools (grades 6-8)
- 1 high school (grades 9-12)
- 1 transition school (ages 18-21)
- Rooted in academic excellence
- Nurtured by the community
- Powered by high quality educators and staff
- Focused on the needs of all learners
- Fueled by solid fiscal management