Wayzata Public Schools is a vibrant, caring community of teachers and students located in the Twin Cities' western suburbs. Extending from the north shore of Lake Minnetonka, we encompass 38 square miles of beautiful countryside, lakeside communities and growing suburbs.
Each of our students is on a unique and wonderful educational journey - and we do everything we can to help them embrace and nurture the possibilities.
Discover why we are considered one of the best school districts in the country!
We serve all or parts of Corcoran, Maple Grove, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata.
12,990 students, including:
- 880 early learning students
- 5,672 elementary students
- 2,754 middle school students
- 3,669 high school students
- 15 transition students
- 1 early learning school (birth to kindergarten)
- 9 elementary schools (kindergarten to grade 5)
- 3 middle schools (grades 6-8)
- 1 high school (grades 9-12)
- 1 transition school (ages 18-21)