- All sites are full and registration for the 2023-2024 school year is closed.
- Please see this email for more registration information.
- If you have any questions, please call us at (763) 745-5200.
September 22: Last day to register for October and November non-school days.
November 3: Last day to register for the December and January non-school days.
January 5: Last day to register for the February non-school days.
February 23: Last day to register for the April non-school days.
Wayzata Kids is a program of Community Ed. It provides a choice-based environment where children can grow, build friendships, and develop their social skills under the supervision of nurturing caregivers.
A cost-based program which provides before and after-school childcare for children kindergarten to grade five.
Registration for Non-School Days is now open.
- To guarantee a space for your student, please register online by the register date below.
- Registration after the registration deadline below is based on space and staff availability.
- Once your non-school day registration is approved, there is no refund. Non-school days are optional.
- Cost is $55/day if registered by the deadline and $60/day after deadline with site approval.
Non-school day pairings:
- Birchview, Gleason Lake, Sunset Hill
- Kimberly Lane, Plymouth Creek, Meadow Ridge
- Greenwood, North Woods, Oakwood
School sites are paired on non-school days. We will work to keep students grouped consistently by school site as much as possible.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Wayzata Kids Team! We are seeking caring individuals to join our team of childcare professionals who are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for our students. View the videos below and explore our job openings to apply and join our team!
- Wayzata Kids Handbook
- 2023-24 Cost Schedule
- 2023-24 Non-School Day Calendar
- Financial Assistance
- Wayzata Kids FAQ
- Non-School Days FAQ
The state Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps families pay for child care so parents can work, look for a job or attend school. Please call 612-348-5937 for a brief screening and to receive an application, or apply online at mnbenefits.mn.gov. A temporary Wayzata Kids Scholarship is available for some families that are placed on a waitlist for child care assistance.
- Start by calling Hennepin County Child Care Assistance at 612-348-5937 for a brief screening or apply online at mnbenefits.mn.gov. If they indicate your name will be added to their waiting list, then you may qualify for a Wayzata Kids scholarship in the interim.
- Print the Scholarship Request Application Form
- Fill out the Scholarship Request Application Form
- Place a copy of your completed Scholarship Request Application Form and all required income documentation, including your Hennepin County Child Care Assistance waitlist letter, in an envelope.
- Mail the the envelope to:
Wayzata Community Ed
17340 County Road 6
Plymouth, MN 55447
- We will notify you in writing via email and postal mail after your scholarship request has been reviewed.
- Any scholarship requests missing information or income documentation will be returned to you unprocessed.
Information that you share with us on the Scholarship Request Application Form will be kept confidential.
Eligibility will be based on the Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Copayment Schedules.
Registration Process for Incoming Families
- Families not currently in Wayzata Kids need to register by Friday, March 17, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. to be included in the lottery.
- Families that register by Friday, March 17 at 4:00 p.m. will be placed in a lottery by school site. This is a change from the previous first-come, first-serve process.
- The number of student contracts accepted in the lottery at each site will be determined by staffing.
- Families will be notified the week of March 27.
- Families that register after March 17, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. will not be part of the lottery process and will be accepted first come, first serve after the initial lottery waitlist is cleared.
- Waitlist Process
- Our district-wide program capacity is 1,050 children after-school daily. Once we reach the capacity, a waitlist will be created with a maximum of 210 families being added to the list.
- Families will receive an email letting them know if they are in the program, on the waitlist, or not enrolled/not on the waitlist.
- If site capacity changes, families on the waitlist will be notified.
Registration process for families currently in the Wayzata Kids program
- A current family is a family that has an accepted current contract for the 2022-2023 school year. A summer 2023 contract without a current 2022-2023 contract does not qualify.
- Current Wayzata Kids families must register by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 17, 2023 to guarantee care for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Current families that register after March 17, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. will not be part of the lottery process and will be accepted first come, first serve after the initial lottery waitlist is cleared.
- Currently enrolled families will be notified of their acceptance into the Wayzata Kids program the week of March 20.
- This includes elementary preschool students with current non-school day contracts.
- Registration for 2023 Summer Program is Monday, February 6, 2023-Friday, February 10, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- Current Wayzata Kids families must register by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 10, 2023 to guarantee care for the 2023 Summer program.
- Families that register after February 10, 2023 will be accepted first come, first serve and after current families are accepted.
Reasons for the lottery system
The Wayzata Kids team has spent some time analyzing the registration process for before and after-school childcare. We hope that by adjusting some of the processes, it will allow for an easier process for families.
- First-come, first-serve process was a barrier to families that were unable to register right at 8:00 a.m.
- A lottery system for families not currently in Wayzata Kids will provide an opportunity for all families to register within the designated registration week.