Wayzata Mountain Bike Team
August: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
September-October: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
*Practice schedules are subject to change.
Races: August-October – There are five races held at various Minnesota locations. Middle school students race on Saturdays and high school students race on Sundays.
Like adrenaline? Like adventure? Join the co-ed Wayzata Mountain Bike Team!
Cross-country mountain biking is a fall club sport offered through Wayzata Community Education.
The team is open to all students in grades 6-12. Beginners through advanced mountain bikers are welcome.
- What is the cost to participate?
- I've never mountain biked before. Is that a problem?
- How do I know if I have the right equipment?
- Do boys and girls race against each other? Do students at different age levels race against each other?
- Who do we compete against?
- What is the attendance policy? What if I know I will have a number of conflicts?
- What team apparel is required/optional?
- Can I earn a varsity letter?
- Can I score individually?
- Do I need to provide my own transportation to practices and races?
- What kind of volunteer commitment is expected of student and their parents/guardians? Why?
- What is NICA's Pit Zone?
- What is Team Snap and how do I get access?
- Can I participate in another fall sport while doing mountain biking?
- Where can I learn more about high school mountain bike teams?
- Right to Privacy