MacPhail Center for Music strings instructors come to our schools to give after-school and evening cello and violin lessons to students in grades 2-5. Registration takes place once a year during August and September.
Where are the lessons taught?
Violin: Plymouth Creek, Greenwood, Gleason Lake, Meadow Ridge
How is my lesson time and location determined?
Lesson times will be assigned based on preferences you indicate during your registration process.
What is the time commitment?
- 24 lessons from late-October through early-May
- Small group lessons (45 minutes) for students in grades 2 and 3.
- Private lessons (30 minutes) for students in grades 4 and 5.
- Student should practice for 15 minutes at a time, a minimum of three times a week.
- Student also participates in a concert performance in the spring.
Do I need to have my own instrument?
Yes. You are also responsible for supplying your own music stand and purchasing your own music books.
Can I rent an instrument from Community Ed?
We have a limited supply of instruments. Contact Community Ed at 763-745-5200 to check on availability and arrange an appointment to be fitted.