For Grades K - 6
Cahoots is a summer correspondence program, designed to support learning in reading, math and reflection skills. Memorable characters - Hoots, Boots, Marina, Stevie and Walter - guide your child through a self-paced review of the school year. Each child is assigned a trained, adult Reflection Buddy who responds to each reflection and provides encouragement throughout the summer.
When registering, families are encouraged to order the grade level their child will enter in Fall 2021. You are registering for Cahoots entering grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. (Cahoots is also available for entering Kindergarten).
When you enroll in Cahoots, your child will receive:
- A fun, 8-lesson workbook to help review Math and Language Arts material from the school year.
- Weekly reflections and a Reflection Buddy
- A game board and game piece to track progress
- A completion prize
How Cahoots Works
- Workbooks are mailed to registered families the second week of June.
- Youth complete one lesson in their workbook per week. Lessons are 20-25 questions long.
- Families or youth check their own answers online.
- After completing each lesson, youth complete their weekly reflection.
- Reflections give youth a chance to apply their skills through open-ended questions. Youth are paired with a trained, adult Reflection Buddy who they mail their reflection to. The reflection buddy writes back each week.
- Reflection Buddies are employees of St. Paul Schools Community Ed.
- Youth who complete all reflections by the end of the summer will receive a completion prize.