If you have expertise you want to share with others, are a good communicator and love connecting with your neighbors, please consider teaching a community ed class.
No teaching credentials needed.
May 15 for classes to be taught September-December
October 15 for classes to be taught January-March
January 15 for classes to be taught April-August
- Do community ed teachers get paid?
- What are the parameters for class design?
- How do you decide what classes to offer?
- How do you decide what you charge for a class?
- How do you promote community ed classes?
There is a great deal of flexibility in class design, but here are some general guidelines.
- Most classes tend to be between one and a half to two hours long.
- You can teach a topic that lasts a single session or have multiple sessions - two sessions, three sessions, weekly sessions, twice a week sessions or whatever is appropriate for your class.
- Youth classes can be offered after school, evenings or on Saturdays.
- Adult classes can be offered Monday through Thursday evenings between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m. and between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays.