Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
Our goal is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being and educational success through strong parent, family and community involvement. We invite the stranger, welcome the newcomer and value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
We know you will have a lot going on with sports, concerts, homework, packing lunches, carpools, housework, laundry, working, etc. Our point is we get it - you are busy, but we still need your help so we can achieve our goals to support our students and faculty to the fullest.
We are kicking off the year with the Central Middle School PTA "Donation Your Way" Fall Fundraiser Campaign where you have options:
- If your family loves Heggies pizza – great! We get a percentage of sales.
- If your kid loves incentives to sell pizzas, we will have lots of fun opportunities for them!
- If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, money works just fine!
We have a new online donation option. How easy is that! And if you work for a company that will double your donation, they can submit it using the online donation link, too.
So where does the money from the PTA fundraisers go?
- We provide meals during conferences and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- We fund community service projects and field trips.
- We reserve funds for the 8th grade celebration.
- We cater student recognition breakfasts.
- We purchase planners for all incoming 6th graders.
- We award multiple teachers with grants to purchase new equipment or items for their classrooms. Some examples have been: new free weights and rack in the gym, microwave and cooking utensils in FACS classroom, and beanbags and lighting in the library.
Please consider partnering with the PTA at Central Middle School. It’s only $10 to join and we are not holding you to any volunteer commitments. The benefits are simply to "Stay in the Know" with CMS, have a voice in your child’s educational experience, get additional information as to what is going on at the school, learn about volunteer opportunities, and much more!
With your help, together we can make a difference!
Everyone is always welcome at the PTA meetings. Meetings are 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in A406 on:
- September 18
- October 9
- November 13
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- May 21