Destination Imagination is the world's largest creativity and problem-solving program for youth of all ages, with thousands of participants across the U.S. and more than 40 countries. Minnesota has about 700 teams.
Participating students develop creative problem solving, leadership, performing, writing, technical, building and teamwork skills.
Wayzata Destination Imagination Coordinator
Student RegistrationLink will be live during registration period: Aug. 10 - Oct. 30, 2018
Team Manager RegistrationLink will be live during registration period: Aug. 10 - Oct. 30, 2018
- You form your own team of 6-7 students, and find an adult team manager. Once your team is formed and you have a team manager, all members register with Community Education.
- Your team selects a Challenge.*
- For 12- 16 weeks, you work with your team create a solution to your Challenge.
- Your team presents their solution at a regional tournaments and has the opportunity to advance to regional, state and global tournaments.
- If a team advances to Global Finals, they will complete with teams from around the United States and the world. **
* Challenges may be fine arts, improvisational, scientific, technical, engineering or service learning.
** Global Finals are held in Knoxville, Tennessee
|Tues., Sept. 26||Information Night||Central Middle School||6:30-7:30 p.m.|
|Fri., Oct. 27||Registration Due||Online registration|
|Sat., Nov. 11||Team Manager Training||ISD 287 (1820 Xenium Lane N., Plymouth)||8-4|
|Sat., Dec. 2||Intro to Technical Skills Workshop for Teams||ISD 287 (1820 Xenium Lane N., Plymouth)||9-12|
|Sat., Dec. 9||* Instant Challenge Workshop #1||South Education Center, Richfield||9-12 or 1-4|
|Sat., Dec. 9||* Structure Workshop #1||South Education Center, Richfield|
|Sat., Jan. 6||* Instant Challenge Workshop #2||Champlin Brooklyn Park Academy, Anoka||9-12 or 1-4|
|Sat., Jan. 20||* Instant Challenge Workshop #3||Johnsville Elementary School, Anoka||9-12 or 1-4|
|Sat., Jan. 20||* Structure Workshop #2||Champlin-Brooklyn Park Academy, Anoka||1-4|
|Sat., Jan 6, 13 or 20||Improv Jams/Workshop||see bravenewworkshop.com||see website|
|Thurs., Jan. 11||Wayzata Team Manager Mtg.||Oakwood Elementary, room 7||6-7:30|
|Sat., Feb. 3||Meet the Challenge Masters||ISD 287 (1820 Xenium Lane N., Plymouth)||9-11|
|Tues., Feb. 13||Pre-Performance Night||Central Middle School||5-9 p.m.|
|Sat., Feb. 24||Regional Tournament||Maple Grove High School||8-6|
|Mon., March 5||Recognition Party||Central Middle School||6-7 p.m.|
|Sat., April 14||State Tournament||Champlin||8-6|
|May 23-26||Global Finals||Knoxville, TN|
* Team workshops are encouraged, but optional.
Wayzata Destination Imagination registration fee includes the Team Manager Training and two of the following team trainings: Technical Workshop for teams, one team Instant Challenge Workshop or one Structure Workshop (only for teams doing Engineering Challenge). All the Instant Challenge workshops will have the same Instant Challenges so you can plan to attend only one. Go to Team Training Registration to register for workshops. The fee for the Improv Workshop (Brave New Workshop) is not included in your registration fee. You must register and pay on your own for the Brave New Workshop trainings.