Club Y.E.S. (Youth Extending Services)
Description of activity: Club Y.E.S. (Youth Extending Service) is a youth service program for students attending Wayzata High School. It offers students a wide range of exciting opportunities for volunteer service: Interfaith Outreach, Carnivals and Family Fun Nights, MATTER, City of Plymouth, Trillium Woods, Adopt A Highway and much more.
Where to go for more information: 2nd Floor Offices
Meeting time: Club Y.E.S. meetings are held monthly. Members should attend one of the meetings. Generally, meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 3:20 p.m. and the first Thursday of the month at 7:30 a.m. (full calendar).
Eligibility requirements: Open to all students, grades 9-12, who meet the Wayzata Public Schools Extra-Curricular Eligibility Requirements and complete a Club Y.E.S. application/parent permission form along with the set program guidelines.
How to Join: Registration for Club Y.E.S. can be done online in EPay under WHS, Athletics and Activities. See Online Registration Instructions Form.
Average number of members: 800 members.
Awards criteria & type of awards: Outstanding Volunteer Award, Volunteer of the Month Award, President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Student leadership: Club Y.E.S. is governed by a Student Advisory Leadership Board.
Club Y.E.S. Coordinator
Application information for the 2018 President's Volunteer Service Award may be found under Forms below. Students at Wayzata High School who meet the criteria and apply may be nominated by Wayzata High School to receive this prestigious national award that recognizes volunteer efforts of individuals.
Students may also use the President's Volunteer Service Award - Volunteer Hours Tracking Form (also found under Forms) to keep track of their volunteer hours and to record necessary signatures.
Awards are issued once a year at the Youth Extending Service Awards Celebration in April. See the District calendar for exact date.
- All Club Y.E.S. members represent Wayzata High School each time one is volunteering in the community and will act responsibly.
- Members are accountable for the behavior regulations in the Fine Arts & Activities Eligibility brochure.
- If a violation is received, the member in violation will, for the remainder of the school year be prohibited from: Study Buddies, Tutoring, Youth Frontiers Retreats, and Club Y.E.S. Student Advisory Board.
- If suspended, a member will be restricted from all Club Y.E.S. volunteer activities until after a re-entry meeting.
- Club Y.E.S. is NOT an option for students needing to complete court-ordered community service hours.
- Members MUST volunteer at least 10 hours each semester ( at least 5 hours must be through Y.E.S. projects).
- Only registered members of Club Y.E.S. may sign up for Club Y.E.S. service projects.
Expectations of Members Regarding Service Projects:
- Once a member signs up for a project he/she is expect to go and stay the entire time. If unable to attend the member MUST find a Club Y.E.S. substitute to cover his/her shift.
- Cell phone use is not allowed while volunteering at a service project. Cell phones must be put away.
Club Y.E.S. volunteers are students in grades 9-12 from Wayzata High School. Club Y.E.S. only supports non-profit organizations in the communities of Wayzata Public Schools or west metro.
Request Club Y.E.S. Volunteers
Please contact Brenda Badger, Club Y.E.S. Program Manager, at Brenda.Badger@wayzataschools.org. Please include the following information:
- Project/Event Name
- Date(s) of project/event
- Times (various shifts)
- Location of project/event (address)
- Description of volunteer jobs
- Number of volunteers needed/preferred
- Contact person and contact info
A six-week advance notice or earlier is preferred. No guarantees can be made on availability of volunteers.