All participants in athletic programs at Wayzata High School must be fully registered prior to the athlete's first practice and/or tryout. You can register online at wayzataschoolspayonline.com. Note: Student Athletes may participate in only one athletic program per season
A student athlete who has transferred to Wayzata High School during their high school career, is moving into the school district, or is a foreign exchange student should register in person accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Parents/Guardians and Students: Please review the eligibility information very carefully. Students who are new to Wayzata Public Schools, including foreign exchange students, must take special care in properly registering. If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please ask. Your student's eligibility effects the entire school district and community.
Step 1: You must have a current sports qualifying physical exam (SPQE) on file in the Activities Office. The SQPE must be signed and dated by a doctor. The SQPE must be dated after 6/15/2017 * for the 2020-2021 school year.
Step 2: Minnesota State High School League Eligibility Form must be turned in one time per school year. Please make sure to use the same account when registering your student for sports and activities. The form will only be saved in the one account.
Step 3: Payment.
* The Minnesota State High School League is allowing a one year extension to all SQPEs for the 2020-2021 school year.
- There will be no exceptions to the sports qualifying physical examination requirement.
- Sports Qualifying physical can be emailed to Jeanie.Faue@wayzataschools.org or faxed to 763-745-6625.
- Paperwork must be turned in to the Wayzata High School Activities Office. Please do not bring paperwork to your first practice and/or tryout or the Wayzata High School main office.
- Financial Assistance is available. Please email Jeanie.Faue@wayzataschools.org for more information. You can also call 763-745-6621.
- Refunds will be given if your son/daughter does not make the team.
- Make sure the doctor signs and dates your physical before leaving the doctor's office.
- 7-8 grade students participating in 7-12 programs (cross country, swim and dive, adapted sports, nordic skiing, gymnastics, synchronized swimming) must register through Wayzata High School.
- Please make sure your credit card on file on EPay does not expire prior to the end of your season.
- You will want to have your student identification information with you when registering.