The Trojan Power Program is an enrichment opportunity. It is not a requirement of the Athletic Department or any of the Wayzata High School sports teams.
Our goal at Wayzata High School is to develop each student-athlete in a comprehensive, year-round, strength and conditioning program, in order to help him/her reach their greatest potential mentally and physically. Wayzata High School's state of the art facility allows the best specialized instruction available. All areas of the "Trojan Power Program" are within MSHSL guidelines.
Why Train at Wayzata?
Training at Wayzata provides you and your peers with an excellent opportunity to train with teammates in a sport/activity specific program. The Trojan Power staff ensures proper technique and instruction in all phases of training. How hard you work will be determined by how hard you and your teammates wish to go!
Students must provide their own transportation.
Trojan Power is open to students entering grades 6-12 (2021-2022 school year) who attend Wayzata Public Schools. Home school students who live in the Wayzata Public Schools boundaries and are registered with the district as a home school are also eligible to participate if entering grades 6-12 (2021-2022 school year).
During the school year, the Wayzata High School weight room will be open to Wayzata students from 7:00-8:15 & 3:10-4:45 p.m. The weight room is supervised by WHS Staff. There is no charge for entrance. There are workouts available upon request. Students must wear athletic clothing. Students enrolled in Wayzata Public Schools may register for the Trojan Power Program for summer training.
Sessions are Monday, June 14 through Thursday, July 29 and run Monday through Thursday at Wayzata High School.
Registration begins May 3. The last day to register online is June 10 at 12 p.m. Please register by the deadline.
Payments after the June 10 deadline will need to be made in person. Paperwork will need to accompany your registration. Form can be found on the camps and clinics page once registration begins.
Payment Information: Cost is $175. Payment must be made at EPay. Registration begins May 3. Checks will not be accepted. If you would like information on financial assistance, please email Jeanie.Faue@wayzataschools.org no later than June 1, 2021.
Refunds: Refunds will be pro-rated from the first day of the Trojan Power Program, June 14, until the day the Athletic Department receives notification and completed paperwork from the student or parent. A processing fee of $10 will also be deducted from the refund.
All sessions will be held at Wayzata High School.
Session Information - Team Specific *
- Session 1: Football players entering grades 9-12 - Strength Training 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Session 2A: Boys’ Basketball players entering grades 9-12 - Strength Training 9:30-11 a.m.
- Session 2B: Girls’ Basketball players entering grades 8-12 - Strength Training 9:30-11 a.m.
- Session 2C: Wrestlers entering grades 7-12 - Strength Training 9:30-11 a.m.
- Session 3A: Boys’ Basketball/Football players entering grades 6-8 - Strength Training 11-12:30 p.m.
- Session 3B: Girls’ Basketball players entering grades 6-8 - Strength Training 11-12:30 p.m.
Session Information - Not Team Specific
- Session 4: Training is available for all students entering grades 6-12 from 1-2:30 p.m.
* The $175 participation fee is for the strength training portion only. Any sport specific training fees must be paid to the specific sport training sessions. This additional fee and registration does not go through the Athletic Department/Trojan Power Program.
Online Registration will close on June 10 at 12 p.m.