Description of activity: Planning, coordinating and publishing the Wayako yearbook using computers and digital technology.
Length of season: Semester
Meeting times: 3rd block class with some after school commitments.
Meeting sites: C116.
Eligibility requirements: Interest, enthusiasm and time; skills: computer, writing, photography and organization. Meet the Wayzata Public Schools Extra-Curricular Eligibility Requirements.
Average number of members: Eight editors, 50 staffers.
Additional information: The yearbook class course is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors only, with instructor’s approval. Students must provide their own SD card.
All books need to be purchased through the Josten's ecommerce site. This list is updated on a monthly basis.
Yearbook scholarships will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority is given to seniors.
- An application form can be picked up from your guidance counselor or social worker.
- Students should make an appointment with their counselor or social worker to turn in the application.
- Students will be expected to contribute a minimum of $20.00 to the book purchase.
A limited amount of books will be available. Financial assistance need and grade-level will determine eligibility. Students may receive up to two yearbook scholarships over their four years in high school.
Process for submitting portraits through images.jostens.com:
Senior portraits that do not meet yearbook specifications or are submitted after deadline date will not be published. We can only accept vertical portraits in a JPEG file format. We have a set policy regarding the submission of senior pictures:
- JPEG (.jpg) digital image format is required.
- 300 DPI or higher for actual size of photo. (In other words, we need high resolution image files for printing purposes)
- All pictures must be submitted in full color (no sepia or black-and-white)
- Pictures need to be a head and shoulder only format. Please no full body or partial body poses.
- Vertical portraits only.
- Have your photographer leave enough space around your face to allow for the yearbook staff to feature you at your best within the design.
- Note: pictures with “soft focus” appear blurred upon reproduction.
- Appropriate attire only will be accepted...no hats, pets, or other accessories/props, sport attire/uniforms.
- The yearbook staff has the right to request a different photograph if the above guidelines are not met.
Seniors may select the photographer of their choice provided the yearbook portrait photograph conforms to the above standards and the photograph is received on/or before October 29, 2021. Students who do not submit a senior portrait will have their school portrait included by default if available. We suggest that you contact a photographer as early as possible to set up an appointment. The earlier we receive your portrait, the better. A list of photographers can be found on our website. It is highly suggested that you discuss the submission procedures with your photographer, as many photography studios send us photos in batches. Photographers need to be spell student names correctly, the name inputted when the photo is uploaded is the spelling that will be printed under the photo.
Submitting/uploading senior portrait
- Go to images.jostens.com
- Login using the following information, User ID: 416224610
- Choose the photo to be uploaded. Each student may only submit one photo.
- Provide parent or photographer contact information. (Person uploading the photo should enter his/her information.)
- Provide image information
- Type student’s first and last name as you would like it to appear in the yearbook.
- It is extremely important to spell the student’s name correctly.
- Select grade 12 from the drop down menu
- In the description field, type: senior portrait
- Click the box to agree to terms and conditions
- Click on "upload chosen images" in gray box to complete the process
- You will see a confirmation page and should receive a confirmation email shortly after your submission of the photo.
Be sure you included your child's first and last name. All questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that we sometimes receive batches of 50+ photos in one day. This list is updated weekly during the 3rd block yearbook class. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|Annie Marie Photography||925-470-2118||anniemariephotography.com|
|Bobeedy Photography LLC||612-723-0680||www.bobeedyphotography.com|
|Bryan Schmidt Photography||651-402-6539||bryanschmidtphotography.com|
|Dave Haas Photography||612-280-5493||davehaasphoto.photoreflect.com|
|David Sherman Photography||612-672-9216||davidshermanphoto.com|
|GT Creative Photography||763-355-5130|
|J Gallus Photography||612-790-7048|
|Jackie V. Seniors||612-310-1486||jackiv.com|
|James Netz Photography||612-508-0940||jamesnetz.com|
|Jesse Valley Photography||612-382-2867||jessevalley.com|
|Jill Hyland Photography||952-484-2745|
|Julie Kiernan Photography||952-818-9100||juliekiernan.com|
|Kim Dahl Photography||612-701-7460|
|Michelle's Portrait Studio||763-478-9851||michellesportraitdesign.com|
|Party Crashers Photography||952-368-1941||partycrashers.com|
|Remember Me Photography||612-384-6328||remembermephotography.com|
|Sandy Jones Photography||612-799-4575||sandyjonesphotography.com|
|Steve Lucas Photography||952-949-0578||lucasphoto.com|
|Wayne Davis Photography||612-616-9409||waynedavisphotography.com|
- Michelle Jacklitch, Adviser
- Mikayla Hansen, Editor-in-Chief
- Sophia Argento, Design Editor
- Callie Goodman, Sports and Activities Editor
- Nikki Nagiri, People Editor
- Leah Appel, Marketing/Social Media Editor
- Lauren Hoffmann, Photoshop Editor
- Skye Huff, Senior Portraits Editor
- Grace Lopata, Copy Editor
As the yearbook adviser, I am the teacher and mentor for the yearbook editors and staff in the yearbook class. This year yearbook meets during 3rd block all year.
It is my job to track the progress of the editors as well as the staffers to ensure that deadlines are met with accuracy. I've established a system of evaluating editors and staff members on assignments and oversee the business side of the yearbook project. After each deadline, I am in charge of contacting our Josten's Publishing representative, Sherri Loney, and publishing our final pages.
Deadlines are extremely important, so I am very strict with these. The editorial board is in charge on a daily basis as they develop into the primary leaders within the cross-functional yearbook team. I serve as a liaison between the WHS administration, Sherri Loney, our Brandy Wathke (Josten's plant consultant), and staff members. I am also in charge of maintaining the yearbook budget, ensuring that all cost estimates, yearbook sales, and changes are kept within our allocated funds (the yearbook creation process is expensive!).
I look forward to a new group of yearbook staffers each semester and find the yearbook editorial board to be a huge asset to our program. I can assure that if you're interested in yearbook, you'll have an enjoyable time, as long as you're not afraid to work hard, have the ability to stay organized, and have the ability to establish a sense of pride for the book. It is a very rewarding experience to be a part of as we publish one of the best yearbook publications in Minnesota!
Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information, please contact me at Michelle.Jacklitch@wayzataschools.org.
Hi! My name is Mikayla Hansen and I am the 2021-2022 Editor-In-Chief! I am beyond excited and blessed to be able to be given this opportunity. As the EIC, I oversee the production of pages, manage deadlines, train staffers, and ensure a high quality book is produced. I can not wait to work alongside amazing editors and staffers to create something students will cherish forever. We are going to work hard to create a book filled with memories, pictures, and stories from the school year. I look forward to everyone being able to see the final product! Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have:)
Hi, I’m Sophia Argento! I am so excited and honored to work on the 2021-2022 yearbook as the Design Editor. I am extremely passionate about design through all mediums and am excited to get to work creating the most impactful book possible! I am in charge of creating a cohesive book that emphasizes the use of design elements. In order to enhance the message of the yearbook, I will help guide staffers to ensure we capture the year in a representative way. I’m looking forward to collaborating with other students to create a yearbook that is truly memorable. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this year's yearbook, please contact me at email@example.com.
Hey, I’m Callie! This year I’m super thrilled to be the 2021-2022 Wayako Sports and Activities Editor! For this position, I will be in charge of making sure all sports and clubs are featured in the book by organizing reference pages as well as communicating with coaches, athletes and students that are involved. I super excited to be working on the book this year with an amazing group of editors for Wayzata High School, Go Trojans! If you have any questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey, I’m Nikki Nagiri! I’m thrilled and extremely honored to take on the role as the 2021-2022 People Editor! I've always enjoyed meeting new people as an outgoing individual, so this opportunity excites me greatly. As a People Editor, I make it a point to ensure that all classes are represented equally in the book. Overall, I am looking forward to a fantastic year and developing a book that will be remembered by everyone! If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Hi!! my name is Leah Appel, and I’m excited to announce o will be the Wayako Marketing editor for the 2021-2022 year. My role is to get the book out there and inform the students about it. I will be running the social media account and contests that yearbook offers. I’m looking forward to putting this year on paper! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi! My name is Lauren Hoffmann and I’m going to be the Photoshop editor for the 2021-2022 school year. As Photoshop editor, my job is to make titles and design elements, cob out photos, and any other tasks that involve Photoshop! I am so excited to work on the book this upcoming year with such amazing people:) Contact me by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the yearbook or Photoshop!
Hi! My name is Skye Huff, and I am the 2020-2021 Senior Portraits Editor. This means that I handle all of the senior portraits, and superlatives for this year's yearbook. I’m super excited to be working with the senior class and to see all of the amazing pictures you guys will be submitting. This year is very special for the seniors, so my job is that more important. If you have any questions for me about submitting photos, superlative voting, or anything that comes to mind, feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi! My name is Grace Lopata and I am so excited to be the copy editor for the 2020-2021 school year. As the copy editor, my job is to ensure that the book includes amazing and unique stories from students, as well as being grammatically correct! I will read and edit all copies and captions for the 2021 yearbook. I am always open to hear your stories and can't wait to put them into the book! Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding copy stories or the yearbook at email@example.com.
As a Wayako yearbook staff member, you will:
- Work as a team to complete all sections of the yearbook.
- Write articles/captions and take photos for the yearbook; meet with advisers, administrators, students, and/or coaches to get background information or interviews.
- Meet deadlines and be responsible for completing your pages; designing layouts, proofing, editing, etc.
- Come to class and be prepared to work. Deadlines are not optional!
You must have your application filled out by the end of term 3. If it is not, you will be automatically removed from the class.