This is the last call for senior portraits. Please check the received list to confirm your child's senior portrait has been uploaded. See the information below under the senior portraits drop down menu.
Description of activity: Planning, coordinating and publishing the Wayako yearbook using computers and digital technology.
Length of season: Semester
Meeting times: 3rd block class with some after school commitments.
Meeting sites: C116.
Eligibility requirements: Interest, enthusiasm and time; skills: computer, writing, photography and organization. Meet the Wayzata Public Schools Extra-Curricular Eligibility Requirements.
Average number of members: Eight editors, 50 staffers.
Additional information: The yearbook class course is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors only, with instructor’s approval. Students must provide their own SD card.
Advisor: Michelle Jacklitch (email@example.com)
All books need to be purchased through the Josten's ecommerce site. This list is updated on a monthly basis.
Yearbook scholarships will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority is given to seniors.
- An application form can be picked up from your guidance counselor or social worker.
- Students should make an appointment with their counselor or social worker to turn in the application.
- Students will be expected to contribute a minimum of $25.00 to the book purchase.
A limited amount of books will be available. Financial assistance need and grade-level will determine eligibility. Students may receive up to two yearbook scholarships over their four years in high school.
Process for submitting portraits through https://images.jostens.com/
Senior portraits that do not meet yearbook specifications or are submitted after deadline date will not be published. We can only accept vertical portraits in a JPEG file format. We have a set policy regarding the submission of senior pictures:
- JPEG (.jpg) digital image format is required.
- 300 DPI or higher for actual size of photo. (In other words, we need high resolution image files for printing purposes)
- All pictures must be submitted in full color (no sepia or black-and-white)
- Pictures need to be a head and shoulder only format. Please no full body or partial body poses.
- Vertical portraits only.
- Have your photographer leave enough space around your face to allow for the yearbook staff to feature you at your best within the design.
- Note: pictures with “soft focus” appear blurred upon reproduction.
- Appropriate attire only will be accepted...no hats, pets, or other accessories/props, sport attire/uniforms.
- The yearbook staff has the right to request a different photograph if the above guidelines are not met.
Seniors may select the photographer of their choice provided the yearbook portrait photograph conforms to the above standards and the photograph is received on/or before October 27, 2023. Students who do not submit a senior portrait will have their school portrait included by default if available. We suggest that you contact a photographer as early as possible to set up an appointment. The earlier we receive your portrait, the better. A list of photographers can be found on our website. It is highly suggested that you discuss the submission procedures with your photographer, as many photography studios send us photos in batches. Photographers need to be spell student names correctly, the name inputted when the photo is uploaded is the spelling that will be printed under the photo.
Submitting/uploading senior portrait
- Go to https://images.jostens.com/
- Choose the photo to be uploaded. Each student may only submit one photo.
- Provide parent or photographer contact information. (Person uploading the photo should enter his/her information.)
- Provide image information
- Type student’s first and last name as you would like it to appear in the yearbook.
- It is extremely important to spell the student’s name correctly.
- Select grade 12 from the drop down menu
- In the description field, type: senior portrait
- Click the box to agree to terms and conditions
- Click on "upload chosen images" in gray box to complete the process
- You will see a confirmation page and should receive a confirmation email shortly after your submission of the photo.
Be sure you included your child's first and last name. All questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that we sometimes receive batches of 50+ photos in one day. This list is updated weekly during the 3rd block yearbook class. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|Annie Marie Photography||925-470-2118||anniemariephotography.com|
|Bobeedy Photography LLC||612-723-0680||www.bobeedyphotography.com|
|Bryan Schmidt Photography||651-402-6539||bryanschmidtphotography.com|
|Dave Haas Photography||612-280-5493||davehaasphoto.photoreflect.com|
|David Sherman Photography||612-672-9216||davidshermanphoto.com|
|GT Creative Photography||763-355-5130|
|J Gallus Photography||612-790-7048|
|Jackie V. Seniors||612-310-1486||jackiv.com|
|James Netz Photography||612-508-0940||jamesnetz.com|
|Jesse Valley Photography||612-382-2867||jessevalley.com|
|Jill Hyland Photography||952-484-2745|
|Julie Kiernan Photography||952-818-9100||juliekiernan.com|
|Kim Dahl Photography||612-701-7460|
|Michelle's Portrait Studio||763-478-9851||michellesportraitdesign.com|
|Party Crashers Photography||952-368-1941||partycrashers.com|
|Remember Me Photography||612-384-6328||remembermephotography.com|
|Sandy Jones Photography||612-799-4575||sandyjonesphotography.com|
|Steve Lucas Photography||952-949-0578||lucasphoto.com|
|Wayne Davis Photography||612-616-9409||waynedavisphotography.com|
- Michelle Jacklitch, Adviser
- Alex Kotula Editor-in-Chief
- Maddie Wildermuth, Design Editor
- Lilly Smith, Sports and Activities Editor
- Lilly Krueger, People Editor
- Lydia De Mello, Marketing/Social Media Editor
- Kate Etzel , Photoshop Editor
- Oliva Stendal , Senior Portraits Editor
- Crosby Bloomquist, Copy Editor
As the yearbook adviser, I am the teacher and mentor for the yearbook editors and staff in the yearbook class. This year yearbook meets during 3rd block all year.
It is my job to track the progress of the editors as well as the staffers to ensure that deadlines are met with accuracy. I've established a system of evaluating editors and staff members on assignments and oversee the business side of the yearbook project. After each deadline, I am in charge of contacting our Josten's Publishing representative, Sherri Loney, and publishing our final pages.
Deadlines are extremely important, so I am very strict with these. The editorial board is in charge on a daily basis as they develop into the primary leaders within the cross-functional yearbook team. I serve as a liaison between the WHS administration, Sherri Loney, our Brandy Wathke (Josten's plant consultant), and staff members. I am also in charge of maintaining the yearbook budget, ensuring that all cost estimates, yearbook sales, and changes are kept within our allocated funds (the yearbook creation process is expensive!).
I look forward to a new group of yearbook staffers each semester and find the yearbook editorial board to be a huge asset to our program. I can assure that if you're interested in yearbook, you'll have an enjoyable time, as long as you're not afraid to work hard, have the ability to stay organized, and have the ability to establish a sense of pride for the book. It is a very rewarding experience to be a part of as we publish one of the best yearbook publications in Minnesota!
Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information, please contact me at Michelle.Jacklitch@wayzataschools.org.
Hi! My name is Alex Kotula and I am extremely honored to be the 2023-2024 Editor-in-Chief. I am so excited to work alongside all of the talented editors and staffers in creating a book representative of this chapter in each students life. My job is essentially to oversee the production of the entire book; specifically managing deadlines, training staffers, and ensuring each page is of high quality. My hope is that the final product is not only professional, but also that it successfully captures all of our memories for us to look back on and cherish as we grow up. If you have any questions at all, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Maddie and I am the design editor for 2024! I love spending time with my family and friends, and yearbook has played a huge part in my life within this past year. As the design editor, my job is to help create a cohesive book with design elements such as fonts, colors, pictures, graphics, and more that make the book come to life and flow. I am so excited to work with my other fellow editors and get to know the staff as well! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this year's yearbook, please contact me at email@example.com
Hi! My name is Lilly Smith and I am super happy and excited to be able to be the 2023-2024 Sports and Activities Editor! With my role as the Sports and Activities Editor, I make sure all sports and clubs get equal coverage in this year’s yearbook. I also help to make all the reference pages at the end of the book. Communication is another important part of my role because it helps ensure accurate information in the book. Once again, I am extremely excited to be involved and get to work with the people that help make the yearbook! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Hi! My name is Lilly Krueger and I am thrilled to be the 2023-2024 People Editor! I will be making sure that all classes are equally represented throughout the yearbook. My role is to check coverage and put together the portrait pages. I am looking forward to collaborating and creating a yearbook including all the students at Wayzata High School! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this year's yearbook, please reach out to me at email@example.com
Hi! My name’s Lydia de Mello and I’m a senior this 2024 school year! I’m looking forward to being apart of leading our yearbook class through my marketing position. My position is to create a marketing plan for selling and promoting our yearbook, as well as running social medias for the Wayzata yearbook accounts, including mainly Instagram. I love working with Yearbook and can’t wait to create an amazing book for you guys! Make sure to follow @wayzatayearbook on instagram for updates on our book! You can reach me at my email, firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have any questions or would like to connect.
Hi! My name is Kate Etzel and I am excited to be this years Photoshop Editor for the 2024 school year. As Photoshop Editor, my role is to create titles, help with design elements, and any other photoshop needs. I am looking forward to my third year of yearbook and help create an amazing book with the editor team. Feel free to email me at email@example.com for any questions.
Hi!! My name is Olivia Stendal, and I am the 2023-2024 Senior Editor! I am thrilled for this position as my role is to work with the class of 2024 and represent all of the seniors in the yearbook. I can’t wait to create the superlatives and organize the senior portraits for this years book! Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about submitting photos or voting for superlatives.
Hey! I’m Crosby and I’m super excited to be the copy editor this year! My job is to read over all the words in the book to ensure correct spelling and grammar, and keep stories unique and interesting. If you have any stories to share or any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
As a Wayako yearbook staff member, you will:
- Work as a team to complete all sections of the yearbook.
- Write articles/captions and take photos for the yearbook; meet with advisers, administrators, students, and/or coaches to get background information or interviews.
- Meet deadlines and be responsible for completing your pages; designing layouts, proofing, editing, etc.
- Come to class and be prepared to work. Deadlines are not optional!
You must have your application filled out by the end of term 3. If it is not, you will be automatically removed from the class.